Monday, April 28, 2008

FOOD PRICES - What is going on?

On Wednesday, 4/23/08, I had heard that Costco and Sam's was putting a limit on rice - 4 20# bags per customer. By 3 pm the same day, friends called and said it is 2 20# bag per customer. I went to the Indian store and was aghast at the prices. The 10# basmati bag, which I used to buy $7.99 in 2001 (and mind you, it was BOGO free) - in March of 2008, I paid $20.00 - again BOGO free - today he charged me $40.00 per bag! I told him I did not want it. I could not believe the prices.

This Saturday, 4/26/08, four of my friends called saying that there was no more rice available in Costco and Sam's. The stores told them that they do not know when the next stock will arrive. Is this for real? Rice - this is for rice? unbelievable!!

I went to Lotte Plaza down the street and ended up getting a Jasmine Rice bag 25# for $19.99. I miss my Sona Masuri!